Sunday, October 4, 2009

Amazon, Continued...

This is a continuation of my previous post:

So I had my mom return the double copy of my linear algebra book to Amazon, and a few days later I got an email from Amazon asking to reply with the total of the shipping charges. Amazon was going to refund them, no questions asked and without receipt proof.

Nice, right?

So I replied with the amount and thought that was the end of this whole issue.

Two weeks later (today) I got another email from Amazon saying that they had received the returned package and had processed a refund to my bank account for the entire amount of the order, plus their estimated shipping costs (total: $158.90).

"Uh..." I thought. "What should I do now?"

Actually, I was a little confused thinking that I was charged for two copies of the book and that I should take the refund, but I checked my bank account and credit card history and I was only charged once. So basically, I could have gotten this linear algebra book for free.

I called Amazon back *sigh* and explained the situation (again). The guy seemed surprised that I called, didn't really know how to process the reversal, and ended up charging me for the cost of the book, without shipping (reversing the refund). So if you were keeping track, I pretty much got a book from Amazon with one day shipping and I didn't have to pay for it. I don't have a prime account.

They realllly do care for their customers.

On the other hand, I think the Lord's testing me. I basically had two chances to get the book for free (or even make a profit off the one I wasn't using). I hope this is the end of the whole fiasco. I'm pretty susceptible to temptation.

1 comment:

Pennies and Quarters said...

proud of you! i would have done the same thing