Thursday, June 25, 2009

Neckarzimmern 5/30/09


This is going to be a short entry, but as a warning, it'll probably be more God-related than my other posts.

Being with the saints at the conference has been really good. Again, I've been having the experience that being with them is like being with family (or even better), and it's true even when we don't speak the same language. There are people here who speak only Russian and German, or only Dutch, and it still feels like we have this connection. I don't know how to explain it.

I'm actually dreading going back home because my experience with God here in Europe has been so awesome, and my situations back home have been dragging me downhill. What's encouraging is the fact that the Lord has been telling me that I have to be able to enjoy Him no matter where I am, so I guess I have to just have faith in this matter.

The conference is on the Testimony of Jesus, centering on this aspect of the book of Revelation. Most people come to the book curious about things like the Apocalypse, but the conference is focused on how we need to be the expression of the Lord in the end times. This is seen in the golden lampstands in the book of Revelation, where gold signifies the divine nature of God. The lampstands signify the believers (Revelation is a book of signs).

This is kind of off topic, but the food here has been really good - a nice change from the expensive Parisian food we've been having. Everything is meat and carb based: we've had spaghetti and meatballs with a good vegetable soup today for dinner, and sadly, I don't remember what we had for lunch. I guess I'm pretty tired because we walked around for a long time in the hills trying to find our cabins - "Finnenhauser" = Finnish Houses. It was beautiful, but exhausting. Plus, I've got some pretty gnarly blisters on my left foot. I won't gross you out with pictures of it, but I will show you a picture I took on the campgrounds (another one is at the top):



What's cool is that they have a Holocaust memorial right on site. The pieces of the memorial look like tombstones (I thought it was a graveyard at first), and the whole thing is so cohesive and well thought out. I'll take some closeups tomorrow, but this is a picture of the whole thing:



I kind of wish there was a tall building I could take a picture from. It's arranged in a Star of David.

It's not late right now (by our Europe standards), but I'm going to sleep because I might actually get 8 hours tonight! It's been so long since I've had more than 5 or 6 hours of sleep, and I'm a little excited.

No comments: