Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Attachment Feedback


Bartholomew's four adult attachment styles:

1) Secure - People with this style tend to apprach relationships with a flexible sense of self-confidence. They are warm and affectionate, and have healthy relationships. They are able to recognize their strengths and weaknesses.

2) Preoccupied - People with this style are the psycho girlfriends/boyfriends. They want close, intense relationships, are very emotional, and move on to new partners quickly after a relationship ends. They often feel that they are in one-sided relationships.

3) Fearful - These people find it hard to get close to others, and only open up after trust is built.

4) Dismissing - These are the self-chosen 40 year old virgins. "I don't need you, and you don't need me."

How did I score?

Medium low on "secure," medium low on "preoccupied," medium high on "fearful," and medium low on "dismissing."

Phew. At least I didn't score high on preoccupied. It's weird. I'd describe myself as borderline fearful/secure, and this is what the result of my test was.

No comments: