Saturday, March 14, 2009

Summer


I'm trying to plan out an itinerary for this summer. I want to travel through Europe for two to three weeks. Here's what I have so far:

San Francisco -> Paris ~$500 RT Flight
Paris -> Frankfurt ~ $100 Train
Frankfurt -> Milan ~$200 Train
Milan -> Rome ~$200 Train
Rome -> Athens ~ $250 Flight
Athens -> Paris ~ $200 Flight

So about $1500 for travel and $500 for everything else. I just need to find someone else who can do it. These prices are through Statravel.com and raileurope.com. I'm still doing research because I'm pretty sure I can find a cheaper way to get around.

I also want to drive across the U.S. if anyone's interested.
----------------------------------------------
UPDATE
So. $470 RT to Frankfurt (statravel.com)
Unlimited train rides for 15 days in 21 countries for $449 (eurail.com)

Travel for $1000!

Hostels are ~$15 a night, but I'd totally just sleep on the train

1 comment:

Pennies and Quarters said...

i wanna go. But i dont think joe will let me. =(