Saturday, January 5, 2008

Best of both worlds

I think I've had a pretty full winter break so far. I spent a week in SoCal and chilled with friends/went to the beach, and then I visited my cousins in Reno this weekend. Yep...we were crazy enough to drive in this winter storm, but we had a Jeep and went 30 miles an hour at the icy parts so it wasn't so bad. I think I was a little overprepared though...To the point where I brought a 9-volt battery and some steel wool. Yeah, I know.




This is what the jeep looked like after one of the drives. And that's not even the worst it got.



It was pretty sweet though because I got to see falling snow for the first time that I can remember (here's a short, terrible quality clip that I took),




Eat a ton of seafood and prime rib (these are rounds one and two of about four, plus dessert),


















and best of all, be with family.

I gotta put something beach-related in this post, so here's a clip I took of a running bird on the beach. I dunno why, but these birds make me laugh.



I used to think that there was nothing better than the sun and sand, but snow is giving the beach a run for its money.

1 comment:

Ivan said...

thanks a lot, man!