Friday, August 7, 2009

Dreams

I totally forgot about this dream I had last night until I got to work. At first, I didn't even think it was a dream until I started to remember the supernatural elements in it:

I was in an auditorium watching a woman dancing on stage. It started out normally, but then a stream of water began spraying from the floor of the stage in a perfect arc. She leaped toward it and ran over the arc of water like it was a ramp, dancing with the quickest, lightest steps. I'd describe her as being like a hummingbird, only her movements weren't spastic or chaotic - whatever she was wearing was like a flowing river of white silk behind her.

The overall lighting was a peaceful midnight blue, and even though there was a spotlight on her, it seemed like the only light in the auditorium was from the moon.

When she got to the other side of the arc, the stream of water turned into falling snow, which began to blanket the stage. The lighting changed to a blinding white light. The woman danced under the falling snow for a few meters of the music, and then the lights in the auditorium faded away as the music died down.

It was beautiful beyond words, but... why???

I almost want to sketch a picture of it or something

---

On another note, my sister texted me last night to let me know that she got back from Europe.

"I just landed in lax :( ddnt want to come back"

I didn't get it until this morning because I went to sleep really early last night, but it made me feel awful when I saw it this morning because I know exactly how she feels - it made me recall how I felt during my last night in Athens and on the flight back home. I'm realizing that if I don't go back, that will have been the happiest time of my life.

I'm glad she had an awesome time, though. I've been praying for her and the Lord's move in Europe.

Now I have this rain cloud over me at work. I shouldn't be blogging, but I had to get it out of my system. I'll stay a little later today.

No comments: