Monday, December 17, 2007

Hmm...

So while I was studying for finals a.k.a. watching Youtube, I came across a clip of this years winner of X-Factor (British version of American Idol--actually, I'm not sure which came first). The guy who won, Leon, sang a cover of the Whitney Houston/Mariah Carey song, "When You Believe," which was featured in the animated movie, The Prince of Egypt.

This reminded me of a scene I've always liked in the movie. It's the one where the Israelites are walking between walls of water and there's a flash of lightning that shows silhouettes of whales in the water.

As a result, I found myself searching for this clip next. I was unsuccessful, but I got to thinking. I dunno if there are whales in the Red Sea, but if there are, would they be able to pass through a vertical wall of water? Seems plausible, right? But then if you think about it the other way around, someone on the dry side wouldn't be able to pass through to the wet side because the water pressure would be too great at that depth. SO. Would a fish or something in the water get sucked through to the dry side if it poked its nose through because of the lower pressure on the dry side? Maybe God was holding all the sea creatures back, too.

This is why I can't study with a computer around. Oh yeah. The winner of X-Factor was a pretty good singer, but not as good as last year's winner, Leona Lewis. Kinda weird that a Leona won, and then a Leon won, huh. Maybe next year someone named Leo will win!

No comments: